AGE REQUIREMENT POLICY
Guest must be 18 years or older with valid identification to check in to our Alexandria hotel.
Our Alexandria hotel is just minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), and within two hours of Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI). Explore transportation options from each airport to The Westin Alexandria below, or take advantage of one of the numerous rental agencies located in the airports should you wish to have a car at your disposal during your stay.
Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- Metrorail: The blue and yellow metro lines will take you from the airport to a metro station within walking distance from our Alexandria hotel. Travel time is just about 20-25 minutes, and fees vary by time of day. For hours and more information, call (202) 637-7000.
From Terminals B and C: Use either of two enclosed pedestrian bridges on the concourse level that connect directly to the Metrorail station.
From Terminal A: Exit the terminal to the street curb and board any “Airport Shuttle” bus. At the stops for Parking Garages B and C (bus shelter #3 and bus shelter #5) you will find an enclosed pedestrian bridge that connects to the Metrorail station.
From the Metrorail Station, take either the blue line toward Franconia-Springfield or the yellow line toward Huntington and get off at the King Street Metrorail station. The hotel is three blocks away.
- SuperShuttle: Arrange a shuttle to our Alexandria hotel for quick and easy transportation. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (800) 258-3826. The cost is $21 for one passenger and $10 for each additional passenger.
- Alexandria Yellow Cab: Transportation by taxi to our Alexandria hotel takes just about 15 minutes, is available 24 hours and costs approximately $15. Catch a cab at the airport or reserve one in advance by calling (703) 549-2500.
Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- SuperShuttle: Arrange a shuttle to our Alexandria hotel, available 24 hours. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (800) 258-3826. The cost is $38 for one passenger and $10 for each additional passenger. Travel time to The Westin Alexandria is approximately one hour and thirty minutes.
- Washington Flyer Taxi: Transportation by taxi to our Alexandria hotel takes about 45 minutes, is available 24 hours and costs approximately $80. Reserve one in advance by calling (703) 572-8294.
Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
- SuperShuttle: Arrange a shuttle to our Alexandria hotel, available 24 hours. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (800) 258-3826. The cost is $50 for one passenger and $10 for each additional passenger. Travel time to The Westin Alexandria is approximately two hours.
- Taxi: Transportation by taxi to our Alexandria hotel takes about two hours, is available 24 hours and costs approximately $90.
Our Alexandria hotel breakfast options feed your body and nourish your soul. Transform your day with our nutritious SuperFoodsRx(TM) menu, including irresistible and wholesome options like steel-cut oatmeal, blueberry smoothies, or egg white and spinach omelets. Energize with a full breakfast in our restaurant Trademark Drink & Eat, refuel in the in the comfort of your room with our 24-hour room service, or recharge for the day ahead with a coffee drink from our in-house Starbucks®.
Keep up with the office in our Alexandria hotel business center, open 24 hours for your convenience. Take advantage of copiers, computers with High Speed Internet Access, printers and fax machines—all activated by the swipe of your credit card.
Connecting rooms can be requested but are not guaranteed prior to arrival to our Alexandria hotel. Rooms with king beds have the option to connect to rooms with double beds when available.
Our Alexandria hotel offers our signature Heavenly Crib® complimentary. Please contact The Westin Alexandria at (703) 253-8600 to arrange for a Heavenly Crib®, or request one upon check in.
Use this form to enter your address and get driving directions to our Alexandria hotel.
EARLY CHECK IN
Early arrivals prior to the 3pm check-in time at our Alexandria hotel are welcome if rooms are available. If rooms are not available, we can store luggage while you take advantage of our hotel facilities or explore all the refreshing things to do in Alexandria
Our Alexandria hotel is located in historic Old Town Alexandria, just two blocks from U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, eight miles from Washington, D.C., and only five miles from Reagan National Airport. Our hotel in Alexandria is also just moments away from the Amtrak/Metro station and all of the boutiques and restaurants of King Street. Learn more about the invigorating things to do in Alexandria near our hotel.
KIDS CLUB AMENITIES
The adventure begins the moment you arrive at our Alexandria hotel with our Westin Kids Club® amenities. We’ll greet your children at check-in to help them explore Alexandria. Our indoor pool is perfect for splashing with the family, while our kids menus—available at Trademark Drink & Eat and through in-room dining—will delight younger palates with popular favorites.
A valid credit card is required at check-in to our Alexandria hotel for payment of the room, tax and incidentals. If a guest is paying cash, a deposit equal to the room, tax and $50 per day will be collected at check-in. The hotel does not accept personal checks as payment.
- Credit card / debit card policy: Debit and Credit cards will be authorized at check-in for the amount of your stay, plus an amount to cover incidentals. The authorization will hold the funds until check out, at which time the amount actually incurred during the stay will be charged. Authorized amounts may take up to 30 days after departure to be released by your bank or financial institution and the hotel will not be responsible for any resulting fees or charges.
- Third-party credit card authorizations: credit card authorization forms are accepted. For payment arrangements to a third-party credit card, please contact the hotel's accounting department at least 72 hours prior to arrival. Contact Jose Martinez, Monday through Friday at (703) 253-8632 or email email@example.com.
- Direct bill accounts: direct bill accounts must be set up in advance. Please contact accounting department at least three weeks prior to your need period.
- Check cashing policy: our Alexandria hotel offers check cashing services are available to guests who present valid identification. There is a limit of $50 per day.
Relax with your canine companion during your next trip to our Alexandria hotel, and allow The Westin Alexandria to soothe and pamper you both. The hotel accepts dogs weighing up to 40 pounds and requests guests sign an agreement not to leave the pet alone in the room. Service animals that provide assistance to individuals with disabilities are welcome at the hotel and are not subject to the policies and restrictions that apply to other animals.
- Hotel Shuttle: Our complimentary Alexandria hotel shuttle operates within a 2 mile radius of the hotel and provides transportation to the King Street Metrorail station, the Alexandria Amtrak station and the shops, restaurants, and attractions in historic Old Town. The shuttle is available daily from 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM. For more information, call The Westin Alexandria at (703) 253-8600.
- The King Street Trolley: The city of Alexandria offers a free trolley along King Street from the King Street Metrorail station to the waterfront. The trolley runs daily from 11:30 AM – 10:00 PM every 20 minutes.
- Potomac Riverboat Company Water Taxi: The water taxi is a unique and exciting way to travel to the National Harbor, Georgetown, and Mount Vernon from our Alexandria hotel. Water taxis depart from the Alexandria waterfront at the end of King Street. Hours vary by season and fees range from $8 to $16 each way. For more information, call (703) 684-0580.
- Metrorail: The King Street Metrorail station is located just 3 blocks from our Alexandria hotel and provides easy access to Washington D.C. and the surrounding area. Fares are based on travel distance and vary by day. For more information, call (202) 637-7000.
Monday – Thursday: 5:00 AM – 12:00 AM
Friday: 5:00 AM – 3:00 AM
Saturday: 7:00 AM – 3:00 AM
Sunday: 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM
REFRIGERATORS IN GUESTROOMS
Our Alexandria hotel provides small, complimentary refrigerators in our guestrooms.
Our Alexandria hotel will gladly accommodate rollaway beds in King Guestrooms only. For more information, and to request a rollaway bed, please contact The Westin Alexandria prior to your arrival. Rollaway beds are available for $35 per stay.
Our Alexandria hotel offers safes in our guest rooms. Each safe is equipped with a power source and a jack pack for image transfer from your laptop to the TV – just one of the many modern touches you’ll find at The Westin Alexandria.
All guest rooms, suites, and public spaces inside our Alexandria hotel are 100% smoke free. Registered guests who smoke in a guest room or suite will be liable for a $200 fee so the room can be sufficiently cleaned for the next guest.
Our Alexandria hotel is proud to support our environment. Learn more about our Alexandria hotel sustainable travel initiatives.